TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Friday, April 07, 2006

I'M CLICKING TO DISNEY WORLD

It would be especially sweet to win the Weather Channel Forecast for Smiles sweeps, a vacation for 12 (yes, twelve, wow and gulp at the same time) at one of Disney World Resort hotels, plus passes to Disney World for seven days and a $1,500 dining and shopping card and other assorted prizes. This comes with air. You know, I’d like to think they’d let people fly in from different cities, but that’s not clear in the official rules.

My dad was supremely attuned to meteorological developments, cold fronts and storm systems. For years, he had a barometer in the front hall, and would provide running commentary on the severity of impending weather changes based on barometric pressure readings. I know he would have found last summer’s hurricane season fascinating, never mind dispiriting. No surprise that one of his favorite channels was the Weather Channel. We could dedicate the trip to him. On top of that personal connection, my son has been begging me to take him to Disney World. “Everyone in my class has been,” he tries to tell me. Not quite. He goes to school with children from families that travel to some pretty exotic places, Orlando not among them.

This one lets you enter once a day. Even though there’s only a week’s worth of entering left, things could be worse. The sweeps only started a month ago, on March 15.

If that sweeps doesn’t pan out, here’s another one: A 7-night stay for four on The Orlando/Orange County Visitors Center, with air (from the same city again, darn.)

FWIW: I found the Weather Channel Forecast for Smiles listed on www.cashnetsweeps.com. I found the second sweeps while I was Googling for the first sweeps, because I am not signed up for www.cashnetsweeps.com.


P.S. I think I found my sweepstakes mentor this afternoon. We haven't spoken yet. But I can tell she's a gal after my own heart. She uses "contest" as a verb.

NOTE: Templates for both sweeps coming. There are some funky technical glitches afoot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DISNEY WORLD: 6 NIGHTS FOR 12

DEADLINE: April 14, 2006
TO ENTER, CLICK HERE:
SPONSOR: The Weather Channel
THE DIGS: One of Disney World Resorts hotels (four to a room!)
ARV (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE): $20,440
MY PERSONAL ENTRY: April 7, 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ORLANDO FOR FOUR, 7 NIGHTS WITH AIR

DEADLINE: April 30, 2006
TO ENTER, CLICK HERE:
SPONSOR: Orlando/Orange County Visitors Center
THE DIGS: TBD
THE INELIGIBLES: Resident of Arkansas, Hawaii, Puerto Rico,
ARV (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE): $3,750
MY PERSONAL ENTRY: April 7, 2006
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home