TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

THE BIG TEN

This is the year of tens. Next month, Isaac turns the big 1-0. Our favorite soccer team, D.C. United, turns ten. And Expedia.com, the online travel agency, celebrates its first decade of existence. We’re all invited to enter a sweeps with a grand prize of $50,000 that can be applied to a dream vacation or taken in cold cash or a combination of the two. I just entered for the first time but lazy me -- actually, I have a bit of an excuse this time -- on-deadline me is too time-pressed to investigate details such as deadline, number of entries. You can get bonus chances by answering a few easy-to-guess questions.

To enter, click HERE.

See OFFICIAL RULES.

I know it’s fashionable to proclaim your devotion to traveling in this high-alert climate. All I’ll say is that I am happy that my current travel plans (New York City in October, Connecticut over Christmas, Amherst, Mass., in January) do not involve airplane tickets. That said, I’m not going to let this latest round of threats interfere with my sweeps-entering. If I win a trip, terror threats be damned!