TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

MEET THE GOLDFINGERS

I would like to nominate Myron and June Goldfinger to the Great Name Hall of Fame. What an unadulterated hoot. (Myron designed COVECASTLES, a stay at which is a possible prize mentioned in the PREVIOUS POST. June, a talent in her own right, designed the interiors.)

Upon Googling MYRON GOLDFINGER I discovered that he is an accomplished architect, a modernist, a student of vernacular Mediterranean and such, and that his wife June has a store in Katonah, New York, with some amazing items, including an absolutely inspiring collection of shoes. Well, maybe not the loafers. But I would love a pair of the SLIDES WITH A LITTLE HEEL right now.

She calls this a GENERAL STORE but with art, including photographs by one of my personal heroes, Edward S. Curtis, this is not your typical staple-laden general store, oh no. What a treat.

As you can tell, I am procrastinating with a venegeance today. I should be doing chores and errands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home