TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

TURKS AND CAICOS WELLNESS RETREAT

Cameron Shayne, founder of Budokon, is fond of lists. I am, too. One of his philosophical precepts: 9. Do not be attached to people or possessions. It’s interesting that he does not include “place.” I assume omitting “place” is tacit permission to become attached to a place. I am attached to many places. I am attached to places I have been and to places I want to go. I am attached to the Turks and Caicos. I have wanted to go to the Turks and Caicos since I “won” a hotel stay in Providenciales at my son’s pre-school auction. This was in November 2000. This was before the Turks and Caicos was a “hot spot.” (A contemptible term, that.) People at the auction muttered “Turks and what?” when the auctioneer started the bidding.

This sweeps looks swell: a one-week retreat at the Turks and Caicos Club Med November 4 – 11. The Grand Prize includes airfare, meals, daily Budokon sessions.

To enter, click HERE.

Bless the sponsor’s heart. Gaiam tauts itself as a lifestyle company. It lists the Official Rules right below the entry form. Very practical.

The deadline to enter is August 31.

P.S. Later that same day: Here's an excellent essay, "Lists: A List." The writer, Leslie Miller, is in the Goucher MFA program with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger fuquinay said...

I love your segue into the lists concept. Subtle. Works. :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger fuquinay said...

Actually, this looks great. I should enter.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home