TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

CONTESTS | ITALY: PIZZA AND PINOT GRIGIO

First, a nod to my friend Kathy McCabe, publisher of the dreamy travel newsletter, Dream of Italy, www.dreamofitaly.com. Last spring, her blog, on all things Italian, made me see how easy blogging on my own could be. (Click the BLOG icon on the Dream of Italy homepage.) I’d like to dedicate this post to her. I played around with several concepts before coming up with Travel Contests. One week and counting, it’s so much fun, I’ve developed NBS (New Blogger Syndrome). The doctors assure me it will pass.

Here are two contests for trips to Italia. I have a soft spot in my heart for the first one: I drink sponsor Cavit’s Pinot Grigio on a regular basis. More than I eat pizza, in fact. The second, for a weekend stay in Rome, is from Frommer’s, which sponsors a contest each month.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DEADLINE MAY 31

PRIZE: 5 Day/4 Night Stay, and Airfare, for the 2007 World Pizza Championship

TO ENTER:
www.cavitcollection.com/pizza/cgpc_trip.asp

SPONSOR: Cavit Collection and Cooking Light

LODGING: Not disclosed.

THE INELIGIBLES: Residents of California, Utah, Florida, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. territories and possessions.

AVR (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE): $4,000

FINE PRINT: The rules do not disclose where in Italy. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2007.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DEADLINE MARCH 30

WEEKEND GETAWAY TO ROME

TO ENTER:
http://newsletter.frommers.com/contest.asp?sid=7NQJMN6AMC&id=33

SPONSOR: Frommer’s and Monograms (a travel agency)

LODGING: To Be Announced

THE INELIGIBLES: Residents of Puerto Rico

AVR (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE): $3,400

FINE PRINT: Sped-read, but looks fine.