TRAVEL CONTESTS

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

BEAUTY AND THE SWEEPS

Preening beyond the basics hasn’t exactly been a priority for me lately. Most days, I look like a before photograph. My not-quite-thoroughly-brushed hair is swept up in a squirrel’s nest of a chignon, my face sports the barest minimum of maquillage, my eyebrows languish largely unplucked (though not frighteningly so; I possess not a Frieda Kahlo-esque MONO BROW).

I therefore posit that I could put to greater use one of these two prizes than the typical, moderately maintained entrant. Both prizes involve three-night stays in New York City and some serious styling: a makeover from the Maybelline Great Lash sweeps and a color and cut from the Redken Weekend of Style sweeps.

As for three nights in New York City, at unnamed but presumably swell hotels, (I’m thinking one of the W’s), well, how exhilarating would that be. New York City is one place that will never leave me ho-humming The Thrill Is Gone. I get up there now and then, but never, ever enough.

Here we go …

MAYBELLING GREAT LASH SWEEPSTAKES * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

To enter, click HERE.

Deadline: July 31

I actually use this mascara, when I get around to using mascara that is.

The prize as described in the Official Rules:

Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package consisting of a trip for two (2) to New York City including round trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s place of residence to New York City, hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for four (4) days and three (3) nights, tickets to a Broadway show, dinner at a top restaurant, a makeover by a Maybelline NY makeup artist (winner only), a spa treatment for winner and guest and $500 spending money. … Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize: $4900

REDKEN WEEKEND OF STYLE * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

To enter, click HERE.

Deadline: October 31

I don’t believe I’ve ever used a Redken product. It’s never too late to try new hair products.

The prize as described in the Official Rules:

PRIZE: One Grand Prize winner will be selected from a random drawing held on or about 11/20/2006 from among all eligible entries received. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or telephone. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize includes: A weekend of Style in NYC, including airfare for 2 & hotel accommodations for 3 nights, $2500 American Express Gift Certificate, cut & color for 2 at Cutler Salon & Redken haircare & styling products. Approximate Grand Prize Retail Value: $5,000.


P.S. You can check out the winner of the Audi Streets of Tomorrow Contest RIGHT HERE. His name is Aurimas Cernauskas. His wife’s name is Asta. They invited their friends Darius and Danguole Laurencikas along for the ride. Interesting collection of names, no? Lucky devils. Of all the sweeps I’ve entered so far, this one was one of my most coveted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home